Equanimity is the power of mind to stay in a balanced state under all circumstances. Even Sightedness denotes the state of seeing every one evenly or equally. Compared to all devotions in vogue today, practicing of this discipline is the most powerful and convenient means to achieve the prime goal of life – Self Realization. These represent the basic nature of the Lord and are symbols of excellenc and means to prosperity, equality and peace.
By gaining knowledge of Equanimity and Even-Sightedness, a person attains the wisdom of listening to the Eternal Self and power of commitment to imbibe and spread the virtues of his real Self, imparting to himself the perception of experience and the equality of all in the Universe. Such a person acquires complete knowledge pertaining to the Self. Here the mind achieves a stage of omniscience — a state of divinity at which one acquires divine insight of the past, the present and future and wisdom to find that one's Real/Eternal Self manifests everywhere and visualizes one's own glimpse everywhere, and in everyone.
A continuous practice helps to achieve a stage of realization that there is no birth or death, no joy or sorrow, no sickness or grief and no poverty or riches. This wisdom makes one limitless, wealthiest of all and most noble person. Here one attains a state of limitless bliss, a realization of being Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient.
This has been quoted in the holy book Satvastu Ka Kudarti Granth, which means Sacred Scripture of Satyug as revealed by the Nature, which narrates that in 'Satyug' each one would be the lover of truth having high integrity and uniform vision and would love to live in harmony and peace. This holy book is the guiding force for all of us.
Essentials of Practicing Equanimity and Even- Sightedness
1. To keep one's thought, speech and action in a pure and independent state, i.e. free from any negativity or tempting pulsations. To do so, it is essential to root our existence in the divine source of the Universe, i.e. 'God', and to firmly remain committed to His command.
2. To firmly resolve to practice Equanimity and Even- Sightedness from the very childhood and ensure that one's thought, speech and action function according to the established rule of conduct. The basic principle of which is: "Even Vision-One Philosophy".
3. Always keep in mind that “'Discern nonetheless but me (Real/ Eternal Self) is the 'Lord'” “Only ignorant say that the Lord is someone along with” .
4. "The Word of God is our Master, not the figure, idol or image of any person". So, we should not meditate on or worship any figure, idol or image of any person.
5. Firmly hold the values of contentment, endurance, truthfulness, selflessness & righteousness and all other virtues.
6. Accept the truth that God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient.
7. Accept that we all are equal. Ensure that mind rises above caste, creed, religion, riches, poverty, weakness etc.( Root causes of discrimination /dualism).
8. Mould attitude, behaviour, habits and lifestyle to adopt the virtues of the Lord and to always remain in a balanced and even state of mind at all times in any condition of life.